March 24, 2021

Time For A Slight Detour...

Brynwood Needleworks - A Penny Gathering Blocks In Progress

I worked at my studio sewing table yesterday, all the while watching videos on my iPad as I stitched. I finished this block late last night, and now I've hit a snag. I have three more blocks to set up, but I don't have the fabrics I need for the required "look". I know. It's hard to believe, if you've seen photos of my fabric studio. I'm just waiting for word that the newest Wool Box is ready for pickup, and then I'll be making a road trip!
 
In the meantime, my turtle batik fabrics have arrived, so I'll be preparing the fabric(s) to turn into travel and hobo bags for current orders. I'm going to make two sets of the turtle bags. That way,  I'll have one of this popular set in stock and one for the current buyer. I also have a couple others to make in fabrics I have in stock. It will be fun to be making a few bags again. I've missed it. Updates soon!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. I love your wool colours, very nice.
    You have plenty of work to do!
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine:
      I sure do have plenty of work left. Once I get the fabric designs I still need, I'll be well on my way. I think I may as well get the outer border and backing fabric at the same time. It's going to be an evening project for a while.
      Thanks for the note!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I see a road trip in your immediate future!
    I'm sure you will find a nice fabric to go with the others.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      You're so right! I'm hoping Kathy D. and I can make a lunch/pick up our boxes road trip out of it, depending on when they're ready to be picked up. The shop is closed on Sundays-Tuesdays, so if we don't get up there by Saturday, it will have to be mid-week instead. It's not like I don't have other things I can work on, but I'd like to get this one finished before I begin another. We'll see.
      Hope you're having a great week!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna