March 1, 2021

Tag On Thursday - No Baywatch Babes...

Brynwood Needleworks - Brynwood's Taggart
 Hi, Everybody!
 
I sure missed you on Tuesday! None of us are afraid of the dark, but Mom and Dad were a little concerned about not havin' any heat in the house. It was all fine in the end. Power came back on, and Mom and Dad talked about gettin' another generator like they had in Florida. Probably not worth it when the power doesn't go down every week like it did there. Anyway, I have another story for you today.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - The Yellow Cab
 
Mom had to take the Corgimobile in for service this week, and she said she needed a loaner while our car was bein' worked on. This is what she came home with! A yellow car that even the dealership called "The Yellow Taxi"! Look at that color! GeezohPete!
 
Actually, Mom called it "Baywatch Yellow", like the jeeps the lifeguards drove on the weekly show with that David guy. You know. The ones with the girls in swimsuits, runnin' on the beach.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Tag Is Speechless

So, Mom and I are talkin' about this car (not her favorite color), but she thinks she's bein' funny. She said to me, "So Tag. Do you think I should go put on my swimsuit and run around the yard like the Baywatch babes?"
 
Wait. Whaaat?
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Don't Make Me Laugh

I thought I was gonna roll over on my back and split my gut! She's gotta be kiddin'! I love her and everythin', but she's not a kid anymore (are any of us?), and if she got all those parts bouncin' up and down, we might have to call an ambulance instead of a yellow cab! 

So, after I split a gut, I shuffled over to her, put my paw on her hand, and said, "Get real, Mom! It's cold outside and we don't wanna scare the neighbors. Settle down. It's just a loaner, not a lifestyle change."

She sighed that "I know you're right, Tag" sigh, and we went in the house. She didn't look at that yellow car again until she had to get into it to go back to the dealership for our car. Thankfully, the Corgimobile is back in our garage, and this episode in our lives is in the rear view mirror. (See how I made a joke there?) Crisis averted. All is well again...except for one thing...

Today is April 1st! You know what that means. 
Don't let anyone make you an April Fool today.
 
I'll see you again in seven five. 'til then...
"Corgi On, Corgi Strong!"

0 friends clicked here to leave a note for me:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna