March 25, 2021

Some Assembly Required...

Brynwood Needleworks - Bag Making Components

The fabric I've been waiting for arrived Monday, so I spent today preparing it, along with a few others for my current bag projects. These will become BW Nocturne Travel Bags, and I'll be creating BW Ensemble Hobo bags to match. I pulled all the hardware I'll need, and put my new custom zipper pulls on the zipper tapes. I'm going to add key fobs, featuring my Brynwood logo hardware, too.
 
The bird fabric (on the top of the fabric pile) was a request from my sister, Di - a belated Christmas gift, and one of the batiks is for a good friend. We did a little bartering. The map fabric and the other turtle batik will be for my shop when they're finished.

I still have to cut out linings and coordinating cork accents, after I get home from my PT appointment this morning. I'm expecting to start sewing on Friday, and will have everything finished over the weekend. I've missed my bag making, so this is going to be fun! 

Bag Maker by day.
Needlewoman by night.
Life is Good!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful fabrics.
    Have fun making your bags!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marilyn!
      Hope you have a perfect weekend, my friend.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Beautiful bird fabric. Reminds me of William Morris. Looking forward to seeing the end results. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlene:
      I agree! It reminds me of "Strawberry Thief" by Morris. I got your email and will respond privately. Big Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. The fabrics are beautiful. It will be nice to see the bags you make. You give me inspiration to want to sew some bags again too. I redesign old embroideries into new bags. I have a lot of old embroideries which peope don't want anymore. They was given to a flea market organized by the Norwegian Mission Society. But there are few who want to buy them, so I get them to make bags out of them. Then they are sold at Norwegian Mission Society's Christmas market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Marit:
      How I'd love to see the bags you create from the embroideries! Feel free to send an email any time!
      Thanks for the note.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Your bags are always so professionally and well made. Wonderful fabrics dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, dear friend.
      Thanks for your kind words. I'm so happy you love yours.
      Blessed weekend!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna