December 1, 2020

Tuesdays With Tag - Not My Eyeballs!...

Brynwood Needleworks - Not My Way To Spend The Night

Hi, Everybody!

So, I know you're wonderin' just what happened to me last week. Mom promised me she'd let me tell you about it today, so here goes.

My Thursday started out normal, like any other day. Mom, Boo and I got up, Mom let me out for my mornin' constitutional, and then we came back in for breakfast. I had my usual Fromm™ Chicken ala Veg with a little pumpkin mixed in, and then topped with water. I love it like that!

About an hour later, I started barfin'. I managed to miss the rug the first time, but there was a bunch of food in it. Mom (bless her heart) didn't holler at me. She got down on her hands in knees in front of me and cleaned it all up.

I repeated that about five more times durin' the course of the day, and Mom decided she'd better call the vet and get me in before they closed for the holiday. My vet got me in and checked to make sure there wasn't somethin' drastic goin' on. Xrays confirmed that there were no blockages, and the doc decided to give me fluids. Seems I was a little dehydrated from all that ralphin'. Then, he gave me a shot so I wouldn't be pukey any more. We got back home around 5 pm.

All seemed okay, until Mom was back cookin' in the kitchen. She was makin' a cheesecake for Miss Shelly and Mr. Andy for Thanksgivin'. She said somethin' to me, and noticed that one of my eyes was bulgin'. She took this picture and sent it to Dad. Before you knew it, both my eyes were bulgin'. Mom decided I needed to get to the emergency vet, so she called the closest one and we were on our way at about 8:30 at night!

Brynwood Needleworks - Lakeshore ER Vet Clinic

We got to the vet's at about 9:30 pm and they wouldn't even let Mom come in the office! She had to hand me over to some strangers to help me. She didn't go far. She sat in the parkin' lot the whole time. Boo kept her company.

The vet called her cell phone at 11:30 pm to tell her that she wanted to check my eyes for weird pressures or some other stuff, so Mom said okay. It took another couple hours before they called Mom again and said I could go home.

They think it was an allergic reaction, and it affected the clear part of my eyes and eyelids. They just swelled right up. They sent me home with eye drops, prednisone, and told Mom I should take a cat repellent (anti-hisssss-tamine) until the swellin' went down. We got home after 1:30 on Thanksgivin' mornin'.

Brynwood Needleworks - Ouch. My Eye, Mom!

Mom's makin' sure I get my medicines now, and my eyes are lookin' much better. I'm bein' a good patient, and takin' it kind of easy right now. 

Dad got home on Sunday, and we were really excited to see him. Now, he's here cuddlin' on me, too. I'm sure I'll heal up just fine with all this good attention. We'll just have to make sure I don't get a jab of that stuff again! I mean, seriously, I don't want to look like a Boston terrier. It's not my best look.

So, there you have it. A little more excitement than I bargained for the day before Thanksgivin'. And at the end of the day, we're not even sure what got me pukin' to begin with. Musta been somethin' I ate. sigh
 
I'll see you again in seven. 'til then...
"Just Do It...but not on the rug."
 

10 comments:

  1. That's pretty scary Tag.
    Glad you are ok though.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Marilyn:
      I thought my eyeballs were gonna pop out! I looked like a zombie!
      Smooches,
      Tag

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness Tag - you poor thing! And poor Mom to have to go through all that worry about you. I wish you knew what you got into that caused it so you can avoid it in future. It's good that Dad is there to take care of you. He's going to have his hands full with both you and Mom for a few days. Be a good boy and take those medicines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss MA:
      We still don't know why it happened. The vet doesn't think it was the no-pukey shot. He thinks it was probably the Lyme's second booster shot. I don't think I'm gonna get that one again! I only have a few more pills to take and I'm done! Thanks for worryin' about me.
      Smooches,
      Tag

      Delete
  3. So glad your eyes are OK Tag, you gave your Mom and Dad a really bad scare, good thing there was an ER close enough for you to get to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Carmen:
      Mom was really worried. I wasn't excited about the vet's office, but the car ride was fun. Either way, I don't want to do that again!
      Smooches,
      Tag

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear you're so much better! But are you sure this isn't a made-up story so you could use the 'cat repellant' line? Just kidding. Dad definitely has his hands full now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Sunny:
      I am feeling better. You liked my funny, right? (Cat repellant) Mom said it was stoopid, but I couldn't resist. Dad is so glad I'm okay, he's tryin' to cuddle me all the time! ugh.
      Smooches,
      Tag

      Delete
  5. Tag dear you have my Prayers and Healing Energy for your safety and wellness. I Love You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Sherry:
      I'm feelin' so much better! It was pretty gross for a while. Mom said I'm not gettin' another one of those Lyme shots EVER again!
      Smooches,
      Tag

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna