December 11, 2020

I Can't Believe It...

Brynwood Needleworks - Extremely Large Sock
 
I'm going to put all the blame for this on the meds. Yes. I'm still uncomfortable enough to need them, and am able to function moderately well with them. I'm not allowed to drive under the influence of them, and apparently, I've got a few other deficiencies, too. 

I know full-well how many yards of yarn I need to knit a pair of socks (400 yard hanks/balls), yet I chose to begin a pair of socks using a 280 yard ball...and I don't think I have more of it. Also, the blue  is also a thicker yarn, so this first sock will likely fit Handsome - making it waaayyy to big for one of the girls. ugh

Brynwood Needleworks - Rose-Colored Sock

So, once I finished one huge sock, I decided to cut my losses and start on the rose-colored pair. This is sizing as it should be, and will become a lovely pair. 
 
I haven't made up my mind whether or not I'll unravel the blue sock - or if I'll make a funky mismatched pair for Handsome. I'm going to keep moving forward (making the socks, mittens and caps on my list) and look back at that blue one after I finish the gifts. I guess I'd better stay focused. Perhaps coffee would help?

DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty yarns for socks!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm - maybe Handsome might like to hang the blue sock on Christmas Eve? I'm sure he's been good this year and surely Santa will leave him something?
    As for mismatched socks - I'm eyeing my stash of leftover sock yarns and contemplating how I can make a few pairs of 'Misfit Socks' as a fun thing for Christmas gifts next year. (Thinking of the cartoon Christmas show that referenced the misfits toys).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I really love your ideas. One blue sock for Handsome (to be followed by a mismatched sock!) Brilliant!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna