December 3, 2020

Just In Time...

Brynwood Needleworks - Be Thankful (via Facebook)
 
I'd like to begin my post today by saying how truly grateful I am for all the wonderful people in my life. I'm not just talking about the ones I can touch in my little corner of the world. I'm also beyond appreciative of the folks who come and read my blog from time to time. 
 
I'll be responding to your comments from the past few days very soon, but I wanted to start this post with a huge group hug. You prayed over me while I was in the hospital, and I really could feel the love.

I'm home now, and a little sore from the surgery site, but I know that I'll heal over the next few weeks and months, and I'll end up good as new. I'm taking it easy and getting lots of rest. Even today!
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Sweet Nurse Samantha S
 
I had wonderful, knowledgeable and caring people taking care of me from the time I entered the hospital's front doors, until I left late yesterday, but this young woman (wife and mom), Samantha especially brightened my day yesterday. 

She was responsible for my care all day, and she really went above and beyond the make sure I was doing okay. She also realized every time I had to repeat my birthdate to confirm I was who I said I was, that today is my Birthday!

Brynwood Needleworks - Why, Yes. That Is Birthday Cake

She called down to the kitchen, well past lunch time, and ordered up a slice of Birthday cake for me. Then she stood in the hallway when it was brought into my room, just to hear my exclamation and surprise. Was that not just the sweetest gesture ever?! 

The cake was angel food, covered with a lovely whipped frosting and colorful sprinkles. It was delicious, and as sweet as Sam was for coming up with a way to wish me Happy Birthday before I left the hospital.

Handsome and the pups brought me home late day, and it was so great to be back in my own bed last night. No dogs sleeping with me. I'm a little too tender for that, but I'm sure it won't be long and they'll be back upstairs.

So, today, I'm going to rest and concentrate on healing. I'll be reflecting on every single blessing in my life, and there are many. I hope you all have a great day. I'll be back tomorrow to visit for a little bit. Thanks again for stopping by to say "hello". Gentle hugs from me to you.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

17 comments:

  1. HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 🎂 I believe your early “gift” was having Sam as your nurse. Prayers continue for your speedy healing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie:
      Thanks so much! I agree. Sam was the best! I must think of a little gift to send to her. Your prayers are appreciated.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Donna.So pleased you are back home in your nest and being cared for by handsome and the pups..Speedy recovery darling.love as always.❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura:
      Thanks for the Birthday wishes. Once a year, I'm a little kid again. Dec. 3rd. ;-) Working hard on my healing.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. No place like home!!! Happy Birthday!!!
    Rest well
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Darlene:
      A Birthday at home. The best! Thanks for your good wishes.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Glad you are home with your family for your Birthday.
    Happy Birthday!!
    What a great nurse you've had & the cake was a wonderful idea, just what you needed.
    I wish you a speedy recovery with little pain.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I'm so glad to be back home, but Samantha and that slice of cake were really appreciated. She's the best of the best. Thanks for your get well wishes, too. I'm so grateful for the kind, healing thoughts from my friends.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday!! What a wonderful and thoughtful nurse you had! I am so happy that surgery went well and that you are home. Take good care. Wishing you a smooth recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dear Wanda:
      Thank you for leaving a note for me on my Birthday. Sam was a wonderful nurse. She gave birth four months ago to a little girl. She's gonna be a wonderful mama, too. I'm going to behave myself so I heal completely. I'm hoping this is the last surgery for a long, long time.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday! So happy to hear that everything went well and that you had a wonderful, thoughtful nurse. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the Birthday greeting, Andrea! Surgery was a success, and now the healing is up to me. I'm really behaving! Sam was a great nurse. I'm going to be sure to send the hospital a glowing recommendation for her - and the rest of the staff who cared for me.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  7. Oh goodness, I didn't realize your surgery was on your actual birthday. Not exactly the way you'd want to celebrate that's for sure! But what a sweet nurse - she is one of the special ones. Take care of you Donna - don't overdo and let Handsome and the pups wait on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      It was on the 1st, but I had an overnight stay. I was home the day before, but you know I stretch out my celebrations...especially this year, due to the recuperation time. I've spent most of it "under the influence", so I'm looking forward to being pampered. There's no place like home for healing, though, is there?
      Thanks for the good wishes.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday! I'm so glad you had a caring nurse. And cake. Cake is good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunny:
      Thanks for the Birthday wishes. You're right. Nothing beats a lovely slice of Birthday cake, does it? I feel better already! wink I appreciate you stopping by.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  9. Happy Birthday and hopefully good health is on the way. With Handsome and the pups looking out for you, you should be better in no time. You won't forget this birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna