December 5, 2020

No Housekeeping...

Brynwood Needleworks via Facebook

Each day is a little bit better in my healing. Still no creative endeavors...pain killers and needles don't mix well. This is how I feel about housekeeping right now. Housekeeping is a definite "no".

The only unexpected turn was that when I came home, Handsome informed me that he's been having trouble since Sunday, but didn't want to tell me because he knew I'd back out of my surgery to take care of him. (He was right.) So, two nights ago he went to the hospital ER for tests. They determined he has another blockage and admitted him that night. He feels awful that I'm here alone (with the dogs).

I've had family and dear friends stopping in to help with the few things I can't do for myself, and when I'm alone, I sleep a lot. We're hoping Handsome can come home today, but I won't know until a little later. 
 
Have I said I'm sick of 2020? Yes. I'm pretty sure I have.

DonnaAcornSignature

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Marilyn. Prayers always appreciated.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Oh dear Donna ,praying for a speedy recovery for both of you.What an awful year all round. Take care my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura.
      You're so right. Awful is an understatement, my dear.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sending Prayers for you both
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Golly when it rains it pours. Stay strong through this. 2020 is almost over.
    Sending prayers.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Sherry:
      You couldn't be more right. I was feeling pretty sorry for myself when I wrote this.
      Tomorrow will be better.
      Thank you!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness - that's just too much to handle isn't it. Sending prayers your way Donna - for you and for Handsome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      You're right. I was a weepy mess yesterday. Thank you for the prayers. We appreciate them.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. Wow what a tough year for you and Handsome. I’m praying for speedy healing for you both. Take care and let others help you as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Andrea:
      I think you're right. It's been rough. Thank you for the prayers. We really believe He hears each and every one. I appreciate the help we've been receiving. I'm working really hard doing nothing so I can heal completely this time.
      Big hugs to you and yours.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  7. It never rains but it pours. Hopefully this month will see the end of this horrible year and you will all be back in the pink of health. My husband is having old man problems now too and he's none too happy about it. Old age isn't for sissies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna