December 24, 2020

Yesterday's Efforts...

Brynwood Needleworks - French Baguettes
 
I went to Neenah (WI) first thing yesterday to pick up something special my niece's husband created for me, and of course, had to duck into Primitive Gatherings just down the road before heading back home. I had an order waiting there for me, so I saved the postage by picking it up. I also stopped at Hobby Lobby for a few things I needed, and turned for the farmhouse.
 
When I got back home, I mixed up the dough for French bread. I'm serving lasagna tomorrow, so I thought a baguette would be nice on the side. We'll be seeing our elder son, his wife, and our grandson on Christmas Day. Our son is making beef stew, so I offered to bring bread to the meal. After the dough was mixed and going through the first rise (30 minutes), I decorated the Christmas bell cookies with a lovely buttercream frosting I tinted red and green. Then, I set them aside so the icing could set up.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Santa Cookies

One of the things I bought at HobLob was a small vial of pink luster dust. I decided Santa needed rosy cheeks and pink lips. Don't you think it's an improvement?

Sending wishes to you and yours this Christmas Eve. Thank you for sharing a little of your time with me each day. Wishing you love and peace as we Christians celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. That bread looks delicious!
    Yes, Santas Look good with pink cheeks & lips.
    Have a wonderful, safe, fun Holiday.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thanks so much! Merry Christmas to you and yours.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Those Santas are adorable (almost too pretty to eat!). Notice I said 'almost'.
    Happy Christmas wishes to you, Handsome and your furry family. The way we celebrate His birth this year will be different but meaningful nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      You're right. "Almost"!! lol I think this year makes the reason for the season even more meaningful. Merry Christmas to you and yours.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna