December 29, 2020

Tuesdays With Tag - I Was Awesome!...

Brynwood Needleworks - Corgi and Deer via Google

 Hi, Everybody!

No, this isn't me...but it could have been!

Christmas Day, we all went to visit our grandson and his folks. It was a great day. There were food smells galore, and Bella and I got lots of attention. We were sad that our buddy, Duncan wasn't there, but he passed over The Rainbow Bridge last June. They've been dogless since, so they were happy to have a little dog hair in the house again. We really enjoyed ourselves.

Late in the afternoon, #1 Son thought he'd help out Mom by lettin' me outside to do my business. I was kinda crossin' my stumpers for a little while, so I appreciated the break. He and I headed outside, when...there it was. Big as life. A deer in their backyard. Bold as brass, I tell ya.

Well, you should know me well enough by now. I wasn't gonna let this opportunity go by. The chase was on. Deer headed West, and I was as close behind as these little legs could carry me! To the Hunt!!!

I ran through trees, leaves and the wooded area behind #1 Son's house, and then the next door neighbor's, and then the next-next door neighbor's, and before I knew it, the deer was out of sight and I was standin' next to a frozen creek. I'm thinkin' that the deer jumped over it to make his getaway, but I wasn't gonna try that. I act like I'm a big dog, but I know my limitations, and all of a sudden, I was alone in the woods next to a creek, and it was gettin' dark.

I looked to my right and to my left. I heard Mom hollerin', but with the woods I wasn't sure where it was comin' from. At first, I thought she was somewhere right behind me, but then, the direction changed and I thought she was callin' from somewhere else. I admit it. I was confused. I could see lights from somebody's back yard, so I decided to go left toward the lights.

Well, dang! That wasn't our house! I didn't smell a single thing that was familiar. I was so confused, I just started runnin' around in circles in that backyard, tryin' to figure out what to do next. Then, I saw some people. They said, "Hi", and I ran right to them. I asked if they knew my Mom, but I don't think they could speak Corgi. They scooped me up and put me in their car! We didn't go anywhere. They just kept me there so I'd be safe, I think.

Next thing I know, I saw #1 Son. The people heard him calling for me from his car, so they called him over. Then, they gave me to him so he could take me home. I was happy to get in his car. I figured by now, Mom must be really worried. It was dark and cold, and she was still standin' on the street (still hollerin' for me to come home) when we drove up to her and told her I was in the car. She got in and we all drove home together. 
 
Dad and Grandson were in their own cars right behind us. #1 Son had seen them, and let them know he had me with him, so they could call off the search, too. We all got back to the house, and I ran right inside to find Bella. I needed a little drink of water, too. I was parched from all the excitement.

We stayed a little while longer, and then Dad said it was time for us to drive home. About an hour later, we drove up our driveway and into the garage. We all went in the house, and Dad gave Bella and me our dinner. 
 
We loved our Christmas Day visit with our family, but I have to admit. That deer gave me a little more excitement than I bargained for, and I was sorry to give Mom a scare. I don't think I really thought out all the consequences. 
 
I'd like to think I'd know better next time, but truthfully...I'd probably be just a stupid if there ever is a next time. I mean...really...who can resist the thrill of the chase? I really don't think Mom or Dad will give me the freedom to do that again. They'll probably insist that I go out on a leash when we're away from home from now on. I guess I asked for that, didn't I?

One more thing...today is Mom and Dad's anniversary.
Happy 36th, Mom and Dad! 
I'll be a good boy today. I promise!

I'll see you again in seven. 'til then...
"Just Do It...but not on the rug."
 

7 comments:

  1. Oh Tag, you sure gave Mom & Dad a scare.
    Glad you are back home though.
    Don't do that again!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tag - you should know that your little short legs vs. those long deer legs would mean you couldn't catch up. You had better do a lot of sucking up to Mom and Dad for a long time after scaring them so badly.
    And be sure to give special doggie kisses to both Mom and Dad for me and wish them a very happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miss MA:
      I sure will (suck up and smooches for Mom and Dad).
      Smooches for you, too!
      Tag

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary to Mom and Dad! That's quite a milestone. So glad you found your way back to them. (with a little help)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miss Sunny:
      I'll pass your greetings on to Mom and Dad. Imagine how many that would be in dog years! I'm glad to be home, too.
      Smooches,
      Tag

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna