December 4, 2020

Birthday Gifts...

Brynwood Needleworks - Birthday Gifts
Yesterday was a quiet, restful day. I'm recuperating well, but the incision was extensive, and it's pretty painful right now. The burden was made lighter by the gifts and greetings received from friends and family.
 
I heard from all our grandchildren and their parents, and my elder nieces sent greetings, too. I received a stunning poinsettia from our grandson and his folks, as well as a beautiful bouquet in yellows and whites from my BFF, Lee. My aunt baked a delicious pound cake for me, along with a gift bag filled with chocolate. I'm so grateful for their thoughtfulness.
 
I also received a beautiful sunflower mug mat and card from a blog friend, Dorothy in Canada. What a lovely surprise, my dear! Your workmanship is impeccable and I so appreciate the sentiments in your card. Thank you!

I can't think of a happier way to heal from my "birthday surgery". Thank you all so much for remembering me. I haven't answered your messages on my Birthday post (yet), but I will soon, I promise. I appreciate every good wish and kind word. I sure am a Lucky Girl.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. Very Nice gifts you've received.
    Hope you are feeling better evry day.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marilyn:
      My Birthday was very quiet, but sweet. I think this year has really humbled me. I appreciate your daily notes so much.
      Big hugs,
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely selection of treasures - some to eat, some to admire and some to keep. Hope you're feeling a bit better today. Sending you very gentle healing hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I was so surprised and grateful for the gifts. You're right, a little bit of so many lovely things. Today (Saturday), I'm feeling quite a bit better, but I'll be on the pain meds a litle longer. Thank you for the long distance hugs. I'll take each and every one.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna