December 7, 2020

It's Going To Be Beautiful...

Brynwood Needleworks - Stair Refinishing In Progress

During the last half of last week we had workmen refinishing the back hall stairs. You may remember THIS post, where I got a wild hair and pulled up all the linoleum tiles. 

We got a call that there was an opening in our contractor's schedule, so rather than having to wait until February, he could come right away. We had people working on sanding and cleaning up the maple boards half of last week, and they should be finished and sealed this week. 

When they're finished, they'll be just as beautiful as the wood floors in the rest of the farmhouse! We're sure hoping that when we eventually pull up the tile floors in the kitchen, back and side halls, and pantry, that we'll find the same. We're excited at the prospect.

Handsome came home from the hospital on Saturday (to much rejoicing), and I'm healing by the day. We're looking forward to a good week. I'm even hoping to be well enough to concentrate on something other than sleeping. 

Thank you to everyone who has been sending healing prayers and wishes our way. We're both certain that your thoughts are working. It's going to be a good week!

DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. That wood is so pretty.
    Still praying for both of you that you recover quickly.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Marilyn:
      Thanks so much for your prayers. Handsome is almost back to normal diet. I'm improving by the day. The workmen were back today to work in the hall. All the sealing will be complete tomorrow. It's really looking nice!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Very happy to hear that Handsome is home and you're healing together. Huge relief for both of you I know! And you can look forward to enjoying that wonderful re-finished wood. How I would love wood floors but instead we're stuck with carpet that we both absolutely hate (and that isn't good for our allergies either). Unfortunately we can't change it (one of the joys of living in an apartment) unless it's at our own expense and then they'll 'reward' us by putting our rent up each month. Rather a no-win situation on that one.
    Take care of you - and sending healing thoughts to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear MA:
      I actually wouldn't mind carpet in our bedroom. The floor in there is freezing during the winter. Good to have lots of rugs! Sorry you can't have the floor treatment you'd really like. I well-remember apartment life. You're hostage to the landlord's whim. Thanks so much for the healing prayers. I really appreciate it.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. What a year this has been. So grateful you are healing and Handsome is home from the hospital and healing right along with you. Family and friends are so dear to be helping out. I know your fur babes are a huge comfort. Enjoy this magical season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sherry:
      You're so right. I'm done with 2020, and looking forward to a much improved 2021! Handsome is doing really well...almost back to normal. It's going to take me a little longer, but the doctor and I are optimistic. I'm really glad to be home with Handsome and the pups. Merry Christmas season to you, my friend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna