December 19, 2020

Yesterday's Visitor...

Brynwood Needleworks - A Visitor At The Farm - Coyote

Handsome and I were drinking coffee and visiting first thing yesterday morning when he looked out the window past me and asked if I could see the deer in the north field. I got up and looked out the window, and said, "I'm not sure that's a deer.". Then I went and grabbed my binoculars for a closer look.
 
As I was looking through the binocs, he said he thought I was right. Further investigation revealed a beautiful coyote. We watched it for quite a while as it snuffled and frolicked in the field. Bella sat (mostly) quiet (occasionally uttering a low growl) the whole time. (Of course, I had to sneak out onto the porch to get a picture to share with you, too!)
 
After a few minutes, Mr. Coyote moved across the field and into the tree line to spend the rest of the day expoloring as they do. I'll be looking at the trail cam today to see if our visitor decided to stop by the Habitat for a bite to eat before moving on. 

How wonderful that we have such a variety of wildlife moving through the neighborhood. There's room for everyone here. All the critters have a purpose, and I like that we can move around each other without the need to hurt them. The older I get, the more I appreciate the pure acts of seeing and enjoying. Another blessing from the farm.

DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. Wildlife is so interesting to watch.
    We have Eagles here occasionally, & they are so beautiful, sometimes they sit for hours in the trees out back.
    Great pic.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      We had eagles in Florida, and even had one land in a tree in our back yard. We have them flying over the farmhouse since we've been here, but I'd love to have one land in a tree in our yard. They're magnificent birds, aren't they?
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. One of the beautiful things about country living. Although I must say we're lucky where we are because we live right on the local river and there's a small (very small!) wooded area directly behind us. We often see foxes and groundhogs (rabbits sometimes) and of course the Canada Geese and mallard ducks on the river in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I saw a fox here our first year, but not since. I'd love to see one again! Lucky, lucky you.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna