September 3, 2020

I Couldn't Resist...

Brynwood Needleworks - Coming To America Kit

I don't usually purchase new charts these days. I still have hundreds that I love from my days as a shop owner. So many wonderful pieces, with not nearly enough time to work on them. However, when I see patriotic designs now, I look twice and decide whether or not I want to add them to my library. This kit was one such design.

This chart was designed by With Thy Needle & Thread, and I purchased it through Ye Olde Cross Stitchery in Bristol, PA. I believe this was a limited edition piece, so I consider myself fortunate to have found one. If you're interested, I suggest you order from this shop HERE. (Last I checked, there was only ONE left.)

The chart arrived in a sturdy box, and included additional items over and above the main chart. I'll need to add fabric and fibers, but I've got plenty of those things.

Brynwood Needleworks - Coming To America Kit Contents

When I checked inside the box, I found a little, magnetic, Pilgrim needle minder; a ring to hold my threads, and a second free chart called "Celebrate Harvest" by Brenda Gervais.

Brynwood Needleworks - Coming To America Kit Contents

There was also a card featuring an interesting history lesson, along with fabric that's been printed in an old ledger design; a bookplate to attach to the frame once the design has been stitched; and a ring card to hold the threads.

Brynwood Needleworks - Coming To America Kit Main Chart

This is the full cover image for the chart. I love it. While I know that it's commemorative of the Pilgrims landing at Plymouth Rock, Massachusetts, we also live a short ten miles from Plymouth, Wisconsin. Sister cities, many miles apart. Even so, I know that I'll stitch this design in the next year, and then frame it for the farmhouse.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

0 friends clicked here to leave a note for me:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna