September 18, 2020

"Fall" Embroidery Finished...

Brynwood Needleworks - Primitive Gatherings "Fall Pillow" Design
 
My needlework on the Fall Pillow design from Primitive Gatherings is finished.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Edging Thread Used on "Fall Pillow" Design
 
You'll notice that I changed the border around the white wool. Rather than using Valdani, I chose a beautiful overdyed thread called "Wildflowers" from The Caron Collection. The color shade is #062 Burnt Toast. I love this thread color. It picked up every color used in the Valdani palette I used in the design, and then added a few lighter versions.

Brynwood Needleworks - "Fall Pillow" Finish

I changed the stitch design for the border, making mine just a little more intricate. I also changed the color for the "Fall" lettering overall , choosing a Valdani (M90) rather than black. I'm very happy with the result.

I'll turn the finished design into a pillow this weekend. I'm going out for a ride with Handsome and the dogs today. I think a little fresh air will do me good.

Happy Friday, friends.

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. It turned out so pretty, love that color of thread for the trim.
    Have a nice ride!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn:
      I love that Watercolors thread, too.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna