September 26, 2020

Friendship Block...

Brynwood Needleworks - Friendship Blocks

Remember when I shared Friendship blocks I'd received from my blog friends? I decided to add them to my Farmer's Wife quilt. Well, someone in my Brynwood Needleworks Facebook group (BTW-Have you joined the group yet?) suggested that they'd like to contribute a block to my quilt. 

I decided to invite anyone who would like to participate, to send a completed and signed Friendship block to be included in my quilt. Of course, I would make and mail a Friendship block in return to everyone who sends one to me.

The finished blocks are 6.5" square, and if you look at the photograph (above), you can see where these two blocks were signed using a permanent Pigma™pen. These blocks are assembled using paper piecing templates. If you've never done paper piecing, I'll be doing a video that I'll share on Facebook next week.

Brynwood Needleworks - Farmer's Wife Quilt Layout With Friendship Blocks

I'm sharing my blocks again to show you the colors and prints I've been using. You can tell from the Friendship blocks I've already received that my choices lend themselves to a number of options. See how lovely the Friendship blocks look with mine? So, there are really no restrictions for fabric choices, if you'd like to send one.

Please let me know if you'd like to exchange a Friendship block with me. Of course, be sure to include your return address, so I'll know where to send your block. 

In case you're wondering what you might do with a single block...You could make a mug mat, a pincushion, or add more fabric to turn it into a pillow. You might even frame it on its own for a little conversation piece. Do you have any other ideas? Please share in the comments so others can see.

I've uploaded the pattern and a photo to print out your own paper piecing template to make your block. Once you download the template, be sure to print it out full 100% size onto paper piecing paper (it's a little lighter weight, making it easier to pull off the back of the finished block).

Click THIS LINK to download the Friendship Block.
 
Of course, please let me know if you have any questions. You can leave a question in the comment section. Come back and check in a day or so, and I'll answer right below your question. You can also feel free to send an email to me through the link in my sidebar (there -->).
 
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. It's going to be a very pretty quilt.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marilyn. I can't wait to see where it goes from here. <3
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna