September 28, 2020

A Productive Weekend...

Brynwood Needleworks - Dog-Themed Custom Mask Order
 
It's amazing how much I can accomplish when I'm feeling good. This weekend, I completed a custom mask order for a friend. She ordered all these fabrics from Spoonflower, sent them to me - along with a mask that fits all her family members as a pattern - and asked me to make a batch for her and her kidlets, who all participate in showing dogs.

The mask she sent was made from a knit fabric, so I made my own template to mimic the style and size of her, and made a protoype for size. I tried on her mask, and then tried on the one I'd made. I changed my pattern slightly, added side tucks to each one, and voila! They were a perfect fit. 

I'll be mailing them to my friend, and she, her son and two daughters will all be able to safely attend dog shows. I hope she loves them!
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Autumn Table Mat

This was something I brought to Wisconsin from my Florida Saturday morning coffee club at Sandy's Quilt Shop. It was packed safely away with other projects I needed to finish. I chose a pretty, coordinating floral fabric for the backing, and then added a light print fabric for the binding.

I sandwiched the fabrics with a central batting, and then machine quilted the layers together. Once that was done, I attached a binding and sat down with a hot cup of tea to finish the hand sewing the binding. I'm glad to add another completed project to my list for 2020. 

Now, the table topper sits on our kitchen table, along with my small acorn cookie jar (filled with candy corn and candy pumpkins. High sugar, I know, but they been a perennial favorite for both Handsome and me, and we don't over do it.)

It's beginning to look a lot like Autumn outside. The leaves are turning color, and most of the birds are on their way South. I saw a flock of bluebirds in our apple tree yesterday. Such a beautiful sight! I was happy and sad at the same time, because they're so beautiful, but I know they're getting ready to leave. 
 
Most of our hummingbirds are gone, too, but a pretty, green female is still coming to the feeder. Handsome can see that I'm already contemplating knitting a little sweater for her (or even making a home for her inside if she doesn't leave in time)! kidding. not kidding. I'm sure she'll leave soon, but the feeders will stay out until I'm sure she's on her way to warmer climes, too. I'm going to miss those little hummers, and will look forward to them returning next Spring.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. All of those masks are too cute with the dog fabrics.
    Our Hummers are still here, even after a few cold nights.
    They are stocking up on juice.
    I know pretty soon they will be gone, we will miss them too.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marilyn:
    Little green female is still here. I'd feel a lot better knowing there was one more around here, so she wouldn't be flying south on her own. I don't know enough to know whether or not they flock up somewhere for the trip. I think I'll have to do some more research. I can agree that she's stocking up on juice, though. She's at the feeders all day long.

    I thought those mask fabrics were cute, too. My friend/customer has seen the picture of them, and she's excited for them to arrive.

    Have a great week, girlfriend.
    Big hugs,
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna