September 12, 2020

A Different Layout and A New Name...

Brynwood Needleworks - Farmer's Wife - Layout Two

When I shared the layout for this sampler quilt a couple of days ago, my friend, Marrianne asked about the friendship blocks that some of my online friends had sent to me as a surprise. Of course, I still have them, and agree with her suggestion that I add them to my quilt.

As a result, I needed to do a little rearranging on my last layout, and this is what I came up with. 

Brynwood Needleworks - Friendship Blocks
 
There are two more blocks that are about a 1/2" smaller, so they won't fit in the body of the quilt. However, I'm still going to make them a part of the finished design. I think I'll place them in one of the borders of the quilt, so they're still on the front.

These blocks were such a special gift from some of my friends, that I'm so happy Marrianne mentioned them to me. I thought I was saving them for their own creation, but I think being a part of this quilt is so much better! Thanks for the suggestion, my NZ friend!
 
I also think that adding these friendship blocks to the Farmer's Wife quilt, warrants a name change. I think I'm going to call the finished piece my "Farmer's Wife's Friends" quilt. Do you like it?

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Great idea, & love the name.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the name. I have been a farm wife in north central Illinois for over 50 years. I see so much of what is in my horizon in this quilt. I have windmills and solar panels which I see i this quilt as well as birds migrating right now and fences in your quilt. Thanks for showing us. Quite a story in blocks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna