September 5, 2019

Needle Dancing Of Late...

Brynwood Needleworks - Latest Finishes

While the porch project has been under way, I've been busy, too. Today, I canned Tomato Bruschetta (which is delicious, by the way). I'll share photos another time, as I'm going to be making more of it, but I've also been needle dancing!

I decided to work on more pieces from my Primitive Gatherings Wool Boxes. These projects are from Box #4.

Brynwood Needleworks - Primitive Gatherings' "Luna Table Mat" and "Late Summer Blooms" Pincushion

I set up and stitched the "Luna Table Mat" first, featuring pumpkins, acorns and flowers. Of course, I changed up colors (the flowers were more tan, but I thought I'd give a nod to the purple coneflowers around here. The pumpkins were more gray, so I chose a cream with green/tan accents.),

Brynwood Needleworks - "Late Summer Blooms" Stitch Detail

Although I used the supplied wools for the "Late Summer Blooms" pincushion, I completed diverged by adding my own stitches to this piece. The only stitches that were suggested on the pattern were the crosshatching and bullion knots on the center motifs, and the fly stitch dividing each blossom. I did changed the pattern for the fly stitch, though, too.

Brynwood Needleworks - My Own Mini Design

Finally, the last mini from Wool Box 4 was designed to have words "Less Monday, More Summer". I decided, instead, to stitch my favorite late summer flower, Queen Anne's Lace.
 
Now, in each Wool Box, there are two blocks that will become one large piece. I haven't started those yet, because I'm going to change wool fabric colors. I'm planning to choose the colors today, and then start setting those up. That's the part that really takes the most time, but once it's done, I can pick up and stitch anytime...and that's my plan.
 
 
The stonework is finished on the porch, but I thought I'd wait to share more photos until the stone has been acid washed and sealed, and the soil has been placed to bring the grade up and cover the pink insulation around the base of the porch. 

The soil is coming in today, and I suspect the power washing and finish sealing will take place on Friday. Next week, railing will be built, and then I'll be painting all of it. So, I guess I'd better stitch a bit more in the evenings, so all my pieces are finished by the time I get the next Wool Box later this month!

Canning, stitching, painting...oh, my! You can guess that I'm sleeping like a baby every night. Handsome and Bella are planning to leave Texas on Sunday, so I'll keep myself busy until I see them coming up the driveway.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. You do stay very busy dear. Love your needle dancing Wool projects. Your design changes are always lovely. The porch is perfect for Hickory Hill Farm. September Creative Bliss...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna