September 9, 2019

It Wasn't PCH...

Brynwood Needleworks - Friday Night Visitors

So, what would you think if you'd just changed out of wet jeans, socks and t-shirt (from working in the garden) into your most comfortable, but not-so-chic sweat pants and top, and saw this coming up your driveway?

Tag had sounded the alarm that someone was coming up the drive, so I got up from my chair to see a white limousine. What the...? I told him to quit barking his fool head off, and went to the door.

The front passenger door opened, and Tom (one of the masonry crew) stepped out with a beer in his hand. I asked him about the limo, and he told me it was his son's birthday - and that thirteen friends and family members were going out for dinner to celebrate. They were passing by on the highway, so he asked the driver (a family friend and designated driver for the night) to come up to the farmhouse. (Great "designated driver" idea, right?) He wanted to show off the new porch.

It was all I could do not to laugh. Upon meeting the rest of the birthday celebrants, I was told that the look on my face as they pulled in was priceless. Did I think they were the Party Patrol from Publishers Clearing House? I replied that hadn't crossed my mind, but I was a bit embarrassed to be caught wearing my sweats.

Tom made sure everyone saw his handwork, and that his wife knew where he'd been working the past few weeks. She was impressed, and then offered me an adult beverage. They were drinking Salted Caramel Sangria with apple bits for garnish. It sounded tasty, and they left one for me as they turned around to make it for their evening reservations.

Brynwood Needleworks - Moving On
 
Frankly, I'm surprised I had enough wits about me to snap a picture or two. I mean, isn't this a great story to share about our time here at the farmhouse? It's not every day a stretch limo rolls into the yard! I'm looking forward to seeing Tom today. It should be interesting!
 
Tag will be back tomorrow. Handsome and Bella got back home yesterday! All is right with my world again.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Great story and what a fun memory for you to share with Hickory Hill Farmhouse. Thankful Handsome and Bella are home safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun story you shared! Glad to read that Handsome and Bella are home safe. Praying that Bella's foot mends fully.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna