September 4, 2019

Farmhouse Renovation - Porch Project - Day 17...

Brynwood Needleworks - Day 17 Porch Project
 
Yesterday was Day 17 of our farmhouse porch renovation. We have stairs! I'll take closeup photos after the stone has been set. (There'll be stonework on the risers and the sides of the staircase. The limestone treads are gorgeous, too!)
 
The crew also started laying stonework for the south wall, and I expect that will be completed today. I'll take photos when they're finished with it.
 
The posts and beam will be clad in white very soon. I went to get supplies with our carpenter son on Monday, and the railing project will begin next week. I'll be painting the rails before they're installed, but everything is moving right along.
 
Tomorrow, I'll be sharing my latest wool work projects, and show you what I'm going to work on next. 
 
Image via PicturesCafe
 
It's hard to believe it's already September. Summer has flown by, and the cooler weather is right around the corner.  I know it's terribly hot in San Antonio, where Handsome and Bella are, so I know they're going to welcome the cooler temperatures when they get back to the farm. I'm trying not to rub it in while they're away.

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Hickory Hill Farmhouse is looking very dapper with her new porch. Summer really did blitz by and Fall is in the air here too. Still NO rain. Safe travels for Handsome and Bella. I don’t know how you will keep Bella “Down on the Farm” after her liaison with Rigby...wink wink!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna