September 6, 2019

Farmhouse Renovation - Porch Project - Day 19...

Brynwood Needleworks - Porch Project - Day 19
 
Day 19 came to a close with much of the work completed. Tom R. began "wrapping" the posts, and his crew worked on placing black dirt on the excavated yard. We still need more dirt on the "downside" of the sidewalk, and some of the gravel needs to be removed around my large rocks so I can plant, but we can start to see the end of the project.
 
The work crew won't be back until Monday, and Handsome is starting home with Bella today, so I'm going to plant some of the new additions I purchased yesterday. I'm also going to move a few other things while the weather's nice.
 
Next week, our son will begin construction of the railings, too. The rails on the porch will be the same height as those that came off. They'll be 24", with the addition of a gate to close off the staircase when the dogs are outside. We're also changing the rails on the airing porch (above the "friends and family" entrance). They'll look the same as the lower railing, only they'll be 36" tall. It will bring some nice continuity to the look of the grand, old lady. Don't you think? 


I've been busy canning more bruschetta, so tomorrow, I promise there'll be photos and a recipe link for you. (Just in case you'd like to make a batch of your own.)
 
Tonight is high school football night for our grandson, so if the weather holds up, I'll be cheering him on. Handsome should be home some time Sunday, and we can't wait. Tag and I have been missing him and that silly black dog. It will be nice to have them home again.

DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. Hi Donna,
    Beautiful stone work! You sure are putting a smile on 'This Old House'.
    I don't want to be a killjoy, but the dish on the roof is a design killer. I understand you probably don't have cable, but it takes away from this gorgeous design job. I also have the same problem with ceiling fans and huge TVs. They take your eye away from what you are trying to achieve in a room. Still it's a lovely site to behold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been around in so log! Wow! Everything looks amazing. I'm going to skippy through your old posts and see what's been going on! <3

    <3 Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing, and wonderfully inviting... some frosting on your beautiful home! In awe of how quickly your talented team of pros created your masterpiece. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna