September 18, 2019

Embroidering With Silk Ribbons...

Brynwood Needleworks - Silk Threads
 
I spent the day yesterday with girlfriends in Menasha. Kathy D and Jodi M were there, along with the other ladies who participate in our monthly Sit & Stitch at Primitive Gatherings. 
I'm always inspired when I see the lovely things (quilts, wool pieces, etc.) they create, and I'm also able to share what I've been working on.
I took along the pieces I've recently shared with you from the last Wool Box, and then I worked on a Strawberry Roses Sachet that's been commissioned. The blossoms are silk ribbon, and the stems and leaves are cotton floss. I managed to do quite a bit while I was there, and hope to finish it by the weekend (working on it between other commissions and painting hand rail parts so they're ready by next Monday).
The weather has been gorgeous since Monday, so I'm going to enjoy as much of that as I'm able before the weather turns toward Autumn. The days are warm, and the nights are perfectly chilled. It's my kind of weather. More blessings from the farm.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Donna I love your blue silk roses. I have never embroider with ribbon before. It certainly is lovely. Also enjoy Tuesday's post from Tag. My Schindler can relate because he to had a visit to the vet. Certainly not very happy about it either :)! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitching is always so lovely and of course I love BLUE! Just another day in Paradise. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna