September 25, 2019

Farmhouse Renovation - Porch Lighting...

Brynwood Needleworks - Vintage Appleton Barn Lights
 
The electrician is working at the farmhouse, while our son is building the rails for our stone porch (and for the upstairs airing porch). Handsome and I found these nearly pristine, vintage barn lights that we had installed to replace the old ones.

Don't worry if you can't remember what the old ones looked like. When this project is finished, I'll be posting comparative "before" and "after" photos to remind you - and so you can see the difference.

While the guys were working on the house, I was busy baking bread for the next few weeks. By the time we sat down to dinner last night, I'd made two loaves of banana bread (you can find the recipe in the "Recipes" link at the top of my blog); and five loaves, plus three baguettes of French bread. In fact, we cut into one of the baguettes as a side for homemade vegetable beef soup at dinner time.

Today, Bella is going to the vet with Handsome for her twice-weekly splint and dressing checkup to make sure she's not getting any sores or irritations from the splint. (For those who don't know, while in San Antonio, our little jock attempted a jump but didn't land well. She fractured three toes on her left foot, plus did a little damage to a tendon. As a result, she's confined and splinted until everything heals. Confinement is really hard for a dog who's always on the go!)

When they get back, we're all going to pick up Concord grapes at a local farm, and then to Menasha to pick up my newest Wool Box from Primitive Gatherings. (Bella and Tag love riding in the truck, so of course, they're going, too.) Once we're back at the farmhouse, I'll break out the canning supplies, and we'll have grape jam in the pantry cupboard by dinnertime!

It's going to be a busy, busy, runaround-type day, so I'm going to enjoy my coffee while Handsome and Bella are at the vet's, and then we'll be off about our day together. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow. See you then!

DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. Donna, your porch looks amazing!!! Would like to know what the plaque says.
    Poor Bella! Healing wishes for a fast recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it good that Bella has the use of her leg? When Bits dislocated her hip earlier this year they had it bound up tight against her body so that she was three legged. She quickly learned to walk on three legs but I was just wondering if Bella has a problem dragging that casted leg around.
    I would like to do some canning this year but so far it has just been freezing. I am trying to get some organizing done and it never seems to end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL. Love your new porch, every part of your 'new' home looks wonderful! Love seeing and reading all about your sewing projects & CANNING TOO!! Very happy to read your daily blog...always a great part of my day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna