October 16, 2018

Tuesdays With Tag - Something Feline This Way Comes...

The Most Handsome Corgi Brynwood's Taggart

Hi, Everybody!

Fall is definitely in the air, but here at the farm, I smelled somethin' else recently.
 Let me back up a bit.

On Saturday, Mom and Dad were out workin' in the yard, and because The Black Dog and I kept tryin' to go on an adventure (when they weren't lookin'), we were takin' a time out inside. Dad was washin' our tractors while Mom was cleanin' up the garden.

Dad and Mom noticed they were bein' watched right about the same time, and they had a little discussion about how it could get interestin' around here if we happened to see it, too. They hoped it would stay off our property, and went back to work.
 
Black Cat Image via TheSpruce.com

As Mom was makin' breakfast Sunday mornin', she looked out the kitchen window to see a set of cat's eyes lookin' back at her. It was right outside the window...on our grass! Ho, boy! That's one brave cat. It sat lookin' at her for a while, and then walked off into the yard.

Boo and I had to do our business shortly after that, and although I didn't see the black cat, as soon as I finished takin' a whiz, I picked up the faint aroma of kitty cat on the wind and started trackin'. Mom called me off it before I ever saw anythin', but she knows she's gonna have to be vigilant, just to be safe. 

We don't know if the black cat is plannin' to stay just for Halloween, or even if it has a home to return to, but Mom wants to avoid anyone gettin' hurt. She'll make sure we don't see it, if she can help it. 

Boo and I won't try to hurt it, but it's possible that the cat might take a swipe at us, just 'cuz we don't know each other. I'm tellin' ya, though, if someone scratches me across the nose, I might get a little testy. I think it's better if we just gaze at each other from afar. That's what Mom and Dad want, too.

I'd better go set up in my favorite lookout spot. You just never know what might saunter across the yard, and if that happens, I'll have to sound the alarm.
 
 I'll see you again in seven. 'til then...  
"Chase A Dream - Or A Squirrel".
 

3 comments:

  1. Uh-oh! Big excitement headed your way Tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Tag! What an October Gift you have received. Not every dog has their very own Black Cat. Stay alert and don’t get scratched. P.S. Cats don’t like dog food but dogs like cat food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tag, even though I'm with you on the nose scratching thing that kitty sure is pretty and just in time for Halloween! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna