October 22, 2018

Still In The Studio...

Brynwood Needleworks - Favorite Needlework Pieces
 Yes. I'm still in the studio. I'm cleaning, purging and moving things around.

Brynwood Studio Wall
 
This is the wall above my computer. I've placed favorite pieces of needlework and art on it.
 
From left to right: 
• Eileen Bennett of The Sampler House is a dear friend of mine - even though I haven't spoken with her in years. This is her Acorn Sampler, which I stitched in 1991.
• This is a favorite watercolor, painted by our younger daughter-in-law, Jessica. She's an amazing artist, and her watercolors are whimsical and sweet. This one features a chair with fairy wings, and pots of beautiful geraniums.
• In 1994, my dear friend, Laura I, stitched a piece as a gift for me. Yes. There are acorns on it. I treasure this intricate piece, made just for me.
• Below the small sampler is a beautiful, little mouse with hearts. This was made by Susan Pilotto of Mouse Droppings. (Cute name, right?) She makes the most amazing pieces, and I'm fortunate to own three of her works.
• "Today I choose Joy" was a recent gift from my old friend, Wendi. She chose it specifically with me and our farmhouse decor in mind. I love it right here, where I'll see it every day.
• Below that is a Charland Design that I stitched. It's a strawberry sampler, with so many beautiful stitches. It's called "Strawberry Fields".
• A beautiful, medieval needleworker card is framed for my wall.
• The sampler on the far right is my first sampler design. I called it "Examplar One", and created it as a teaching sampler for my shop. It was also the catalyst for my Brynwood Needleworks' design business in 1991.

So, this is about the only picture I can share of the studio right now. I promise to get this cleanup done this week so I can take more pics...and get back to the important business of creating!

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Donna this display is perfect. Memories and JOY each and every time you see this wall. Monday Bread Baking Day...YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are just gorgeous and treasures!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna