October 27, 2018

A Special Project...

Brynwood Needleworks Memorial Cushions
 
This will be a post with few words. What can you say when a woman passes at 41, leaving a grieving husband, three children, two stepchildren and a host of family and friends who will miss her?

The Celebration of Life is being held today. I created two memorial cushions for her daughters. Each cushion is made from silk dupioni with images of each young woman with her mom. I added ruffled silk, centered with matching vintage teardrop-shaped jewelry pieces.. At the bottom of each image, I added the words, "Love Never Dies". They each measure approximately 12" x 16".

A family member will present these to the "girls" today. I extend my deep sympathy to them, their stepdad, and the rest of their family.

DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. The pillows are very sweet and something the girls will treasure. Praying for the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Dear. Your comfort pillows are pure love. Healing for this family...<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. The most thoughtful endearing gift for each of her daughters. My heart aches for their loss. A wonderful keepsake they will treasure ..healing takes time. May they all be comforted in the knowledge their Mom loved them and cared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna what a beautiful gift for her girls. They will cherish them forever. My sympathies to you also on the loss of such a dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna