October 17, 2018

Bread Making Monday At The Farm...

Proofing Sandwich Bread

I chose sandwich loaves for my first, completely scratch made bread on Monday. The recipe from my recent class yields 2-3 loaves, depending on size, and it was fun to watch the size of the dough increase for each proofing.

Finished Freeform Sandwich Bread Loaves
 
When the dough was ready for shaping, I chose to go with a freeform, rather than doing the final rise in a pan. I think next time (think sandwich loaf), I'll put these into a pan for traditional, sandwich-shaped bread.

Handsome and I cut into it as soon as it was cool enough, and there were definite smiles-all-around. Success! We decided that Mondays will be bread making days at the farm from now on.

DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. Bread making on Monday’s...great idea. Reminds me of those vintage towels with each day having a different chore. YUM to the warm fresh baked bread...with Amish Butter. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we had our farm and I was home I used to make bread almost every week! It is such a rewarding feeling! Glad you had great success Donna! It looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I bet that was good just plain, with butter or jam or both!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna