October 18, 2018

Sweet Little Embroideries...

Brynwood Needleworks - Working On Kathy Schmitz' Embroidery Patterns

Over the weekend and into last evening, I've began working on a series of little embroideries. They're all designed by Kathy Schmitz from her "My Little..." series. There are four sets of patterns available, and when completed, each design measures approximately 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" square.

In the series are the four patterns: "My Little Garden", "My Little Home", "My Little Year", and "My Little Stitches". The designs you see above are from the "My Little Garden" pattern.

Getting Started
 
I have a small light box, the Cabin LED Light Panel CL-5300P (You can find them new on Ebay), with a viewing surface that measures about 4" x 5". It's the perfect size to pack in my needlework kit to keep handy when I need to trace out a design. I'm using my current favorite air-erasable pen (Leonis Air Erasable Pens). I order them HERE from Amazon. 

I'm glad these are small designs and I stitch fairly quickly, because the ink is nearly gone by the time I finish the design. Once I iron the completed piece, the rest of the ink disappears, and I'm ready to go on to the next one.

I do have some stitching commissions to begin, but in between, these are the perfect designs for a quick needlework fix! Just right as the evenings get a little cooler at the farm.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. Donna, I can't wait to see them when completed! They are all so cute! I have started knitting and sewing again and it feels good! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great little Stitchery designs. There is something so relaxing about needle and thread creating a scene on fabric. Thank you for sharing the link for the pens..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna