April 24, 2018

Tuesdays With Tag - Under House Arrest...

Corgi Under House Arrest
 
Hi, Everybody!
 
If I had a tail, it would be hangin' down between my legs. Seriously. I'm under house arrest, but I'm tellin' ya, it was an accident. I didn't mean to do what I did. It was like a "perfect storm". I feel awful. I really do.

Remember Mom and Dad puttin' out all the feeders and food for the birds last week? It was all over the place. When we went outside, Bella and I just wanted to check it out. So, Mom would take me out on a leash to do my business, and Dad would monitor Bella to make sure we didn't bother the birds or get into their food.

Well, last Friday, Dad let me out with Bella, but he didn't put a trainin' collar or leash on me, and I decided to taste the block of suet they put out for the robins. There were fruits and even dead grubs in it. I kinda heard Dad's voice behind me, but I was really focused on that block of tasty, gross morsels.

Just as I was bitin' down on the block, Dad stuck his hand in my face to take it away from me. I didn't growl or fight or anythin', but I accidentally bit his hand. Dad's on special medicines since a couple of years ago that make sure his blood doesn't clot up, so you can just imagine all the blood. Well, I was horrified. Mom was horrified, and Dad had to get her to help him stop the bleedin'.

Fast forward to yesterday. Dad was worried that he might have an infection, so he went to Urgent Care, where they took a look at it and prescribed new medicines for him. He had to tell them what happened, and even though he said it wasn't my fault, they said that the sheriff would have to come out and talk to him. Mom was afraid they were gonna take me to jail!

The officer was real nice, and after Dad explained what happened, the officer said that I'm under quarantine (house arrest). I have to see our vet three times in the next ten days to make sure I'm not foamin' at the mouth or anythin'. It's the law. They even gave Dad a flyer about "domestic abuse". Wait. What? Anyway, I'm up to date on all my shots, so now that Dad got a tetanus shot, he is, too.

I already saw the vet yesterday afternoon. One down. Two to go. It's the least I can do. Mom and I feel just awful that Dad got hurt, and now that Mom knows they're not gonna take me away for a mistake, she stopped bein' sad and worried. We're gonna make sure nothin' like this ever happens again. I sure don't want to wear a muzzle every time I go outside! That would be awful, too.

So, if you're lookin' for me, I'll be here at the farm. Mom's not even takin' me for any car rides until after next Sunday. She said I'm grounded. If I had thumbs, I'd write a "sorry" note to Dad. You know I don't, I'll just hang out with him to let him know how bad I feel.

I'll let you know how we're all doin' next time we talk. I'm gonna go put on my striped pajamas now.
 
I'll see you again in seven. 'til then...  
"Chase A Dream - Or A Squirrel".
 

4 comments:

  1. On my! I don't know who to feel more sorry for! Glad handsome is okay. Accidents happen but having law enforcement involved really adds to the stress. Guess you are going to have to enjoy those striped pajamas for a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tag,these things happen.Very pleased to hear Handsome is OK.We all know you would never intentionally Hurd your dad.See you in 7.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tag I am so sorry for you and for Dad. Accidents do happen and how thankful that Dad is okay and you will be okay. What a lesson learned. I amm also grateful that Mom is okay and knows you won’t be taken away. Stay in your safe place and take extra good care of Dad. Smooches...xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Dad and Mom. Tag you will not look good in stripes or that awful orange they sometimes use. Be a good boy, look remorseful and soon you will be back in good standing or sitting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna