April 25, 2018

Lilac Buds...

Lilac Buds
 
 
We've had 60º plus weather the past two days. Sadly, we weren't able to save all the birds. Bella brought two robins that had died in the cold to Handsome, and I found a dead sparrow on Sunday. I feel bad that they didn't make it, but our efforts weren't too late for so many others.

Yesterday, we had a pair of brown-headed cowbirds visiting, and the purple finches have been hanging around. Three large blue jays are enjoying the sunflower seeds in the bird mix, too. The rest of the birds, stop in for a bit now, but their regular food awaits them now that the snow is (mostly) gone. (It lingers in areas of northern exposure where the direct sun can't melt it yet.)

I noticed our lilac bushes have started to bud now, too. They promise that Spring isn't far behind. Soon, I'll be spending more time outside, but for now, I'll be in the studio, making more pretties.

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Very sad about your little birdies. However, you and Handsome have saved hundreds of little birdies by giving them food and nourishment. Happy Lilac Bud Spring...<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna