April 19, 2018

Silken Ribbons and More Guests...

New Silk Ribbons For Brynwood Strawberry Sachets

Part of the new silk ribbon colors I recently ordered arrived yesterday. These are so beautiful, and they'll make for lovely Strawberry Rose Sachets (pincushions and other pretties). I still have another package which should be arriving soon, but I'll have fun starting with some of these.

Ribbons, Threads and Seed Beads
 
I've chosen the two colors shown here, along with the floss colors (and possibilities for bead embellishments) for my next strawberry. I'll choose the final bead color(s) after the stitching is done. I'm itching to start this one.
 
Mourning Doves
 
I guess our bird guests told their friends about the new neighborhood buffet. We had new birds join them yesterday. Joining the other birds at the feeders were juncos, purple finches, bluejays, and mourning doves. 
 
We got more snow, too, but we have plenty of seed, suet, fruit and feeders, so we'll clear off those feeders right away this morning, and they'll be right back in business. I'm telling you, I was beginning to feel like Snow White. Wherever I turned, there were happy, singing birds, a squirrel and a bunny enjoying the banquet. I would have started singing, but didn't want to scare them all off! hee hee
 
Appointments for Handsome and me (in different directions) today, but I'll definitely get some stitching time in. I hope you find time for something (or someone) you love today. 
 
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. I am swooning over your delicious new silk ribbons! Of course the Bird Buffet is being inundated with visitors...you have such yummy seeds and suet. Enjoy your day dear...<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna