March 30, 2018

Winter Penny Progress...

Primitive Gatherings Winter Penny Mat In Progress

I'm moving right along with my Winter Penny Mat. I've moved from doing one at a time to doing all the large pennies first, and then following along with the ivory wool pennies on top. This is soooo relaxing!

Back Side Of Winter Penny Mat
 
I like to share a little revelation with you. I completed fifteen pennies when I realized a pattern in my stitching.
 
See the arrows? They're pointing to my start/end points for the large and small pennies from the back side of my project. I knot my threads and always begin on the front side of the work. Without realizing it, I managed to start and end both pennies in each set in the same place! Now that I'm aware of it, it doesn't "count" anymore. I just found it interesting to share with you. I'm predictable...even in my needlework. giggle
 
I'll likely finish the top early today, then it will be time to assemble all the outer pieces. I'll see how much further I get by dinnertime. My plan is to have this finished and on our Easter table on Sunday. I know I can do it.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Consistent is the term that comes to my mind. I also really like your vignette with the “Wool” dish and Primitive Gatherings stoneware. A Blessed Easter it will be with this warm and lovely hand stitched Penny Mat on your table. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your penny mat. Now, this may sound like a strange question, but am I right in thinking that many moons ago you mentioned you loved Dolly Mixtures (or am I having yet another Senior Moment? Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna