March 15, 2018

A Few Quilt Show Quilts...

Quilt Created by Susan Lawson from DeForest, Wisconsin

I've got to share just a few quilts with you from Kathy's and my trip to the Sun Prairie Quilt Show last Monday. There were so many beautiful pieces, including a display of quilts created by the late Nancy Zieman (of Nancy's Notions). I'm just going to show four of my favorites now, and maybe a few more later this week.

This bed quilt was created by Susan Lawson from DeForest, Wisconsin. It's called "Fresh Cut", and was machined quilted by Pat Geishuit. (Don't tell, but I chose this one for Viewer's Choice.)

Quilt Created by Kim Van Etten from Poynette, Wisconsin

This beautiful bed quilt was created over the course of one year, by making one block a day for 365 days. The pattern is Kathryn Kerr's "365 Day Challenge Quilt", here created by Kim Van Etten from Poynette, Wisconsin. She quilted it herself. It's a truly stunning piece.

Quilt Created by Judy Goldammer from Hartford, Wisconsin

This cheerful beauty was created by Judy Goldammer from Hartford, Wisconsin. It's called "Common Bride", and it was quilted by Rebecca Silbaugh. This one features pretty, appliqued motifs on a white ground. So pretty!

Quilt Created by Wanda Nelson from Monona, Wisconsin
 
The last quilt I'm sharing today is a wall quilt after my own heart. Wanda Nelson appliqued' and embroidered every motif (in Sue Spargo's style), to create a vivid and lively piece. It was also machine quilted by Pat Geishuit.
 
Kathy and I had a great day, visiting one of the local quilt shops; sharing a tasty lunch; and then taking in the show. There were approximately 100 quilts, and every one of them was lovely. I don't remember seeing a single one that didn't impress.
 
The show was set up in the community rooms of a lovely church on Sun Prairie's north side, and there were vendors to visit, too. Kathy and I are already planning what we may contribute to their next show in the spring of 2019.
 
When we left Sun Prairie, we headed back up Hwy. 151 north to our own neck of the woods, but we knew we were going to drive straight past Beaver Dam and the home of Nancy's Notions. Of course, we took a slight detour to visit the shop before going back home.
 
We each came back home with a small bag of purchases (no cotton fabric for me!), and lots of ideas for what we'll be making between now and next March. Don't worry, my friends. I'll be sharing my creations with you as I go through the process of making them. 
 
Tax papers are on their way, so today I'll be getting back to the fun stuff! First, I'll be doing a short inventory of fabrics and then I'll be listing up a lot of new ones into my shop. Fun, fun, fun!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Truly Labors of Love each and every one of these amazing quilts. I am in awe! Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a day. May your week be a Balance of everything you enJOY. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first show ever was in Sun Prairie with my Mom in 1987!! I bought some fabric with little men all in a row waiting for the train, umbrellas in hand. I used it in a quilt, and still have some! You are correct about their show; it's always stunning. Thanks for the photos, I hope to post some from Pigeon Forge next weekend. I love show season!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna