March 23, 2018

Color For The Studio...

Hoffman Bali Full Line Color Panel
 
I've been busy tidying up the studio rooms, continuing to list fabrics, donate items to our local St. Vinnie's and give myself creative elbow room. It's fun to come across things I plan to keep, too, and this is one of those things.

I found a panel I'd purchased a couple of years ago. It's Hoffman's full color palette of their Bali line. It's in need of a good pressing, and then I'll be doing what a good quilter would do. I'm going to turn it into a quilted hanging for the hall between my sewing and fabric studios.
 
Full View of Hoffman's Bali Color Panel

I first thought I'd just have it mounted to a wooden frame for hanging, but in the end, I think it will look much nicer if I make it into a quilt. I thought about adding quilt blocks all around, but I don't think I'll do that now. The panel really does stand well all on its own. 

I'll work on this very soon. I'm anxious to see it finished and hanging in this spot. Since I just pinned it to the rod and hung it up yesterday, it's a nice, cheery "hello" every time I walk through. I know it's found its place.
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. WOW! This will be quite the statement piece for a seamstress such as yourself dear. Color Panel Bliss...<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna