March 5, 2018

Today's Project...

Brynwood Needleworks Image - Bind It Cushion by Primitive Gatherings
 
My weekend was very productive, installing a new (larger) mailbox at the end of our drive; multiple loads of laundry; shelling a quart of hickory nuts; accomplishing other various "inside" projects; and shipping out orders. 
 
Today, I'm going to make this cotton and wool binder clip cushion. I have a Longaberger basket-full of them, but need something a little more compact to sit next to my machines. So I picked up Lisa Bongean's kit on a previous trip to Primitive Gatherings, and it's time to stitch it up! 

I know it's going to be a busy week, but I'm going to make time to stitch and sew something for myself today. The chores still will be waiting for me.

What are you doing today?

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Chores are always at the ready and you are wise to create Balance with your sewing time. Fun clip cushion. You certainly do get a lot accomplished dear. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna...today was my day to visit Mum at the nursing home. So, with that and a few small chores and sewing together 224 2.5" squares into 4 patch blocks, I did a bit of reading and a bit of tv watching. Now, I did my dishes and will eat supper (yes, I did the dishes before I dirtied more...just bugging me to fix my supper with dirty dishes on the counter...) and watch tv. I may start a crewel embroidery project...depends on how good my concentration at starting something new is tonight. BUT, I wanted to say that sometimes, I alternate 1/2 hour (or whatever increments I can handle) when doing chores but really wanting to do something fun (like sewing). At those times, I get my chores done with a better attitude (cleaning is not for me, though I love things to be clean and orderly!). Know what I mean? huh? LOVE that clip holder!!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna