March 22, 2018

Back To The Drawing Board...

iPad Case - Beta Version
 
As a dearly departed, old friend used to say, "Some days, it just doesn't go by the book". Today was one of those days. 

Handsome asked for a case for his newest (larger) iPad, so I set about making one for him. I chose a beautiful (authentic) Harris tweed fabric, and a coordinating cork fabric. I pulled a beautiful, soft, organic cotton flannel for the lining. Then, I measured the iPad, cut out the fabric components, and began my assembly process. When all was said and done, it fit, but was a tight squeeze, and after all the adjustments I made trying to make it fit, it ended up with more than a few flaws. ugh

What I have to change: 
  1. The strap for tucking in the flap has to be longer. (I made it the same size, and it was holding the body of the case too tight to insert the iPad.)
  2. I need to taper the flap from the fold to the end of the flap so that it properly fits under the strap.
  3. I need to increase the size of the entire case so that it's not so tight. (I didn't account for the lining taking up more of the interior space).
  4. Next time, I'll make it in practice fabric to double check for fit.
It's really beautiful fabric, so it's a good thing I have more. This fabric won't go to waste, though. I'll cut it apart and create a little zip case to hold Handsome's iPad cords and stylus. I'll do that today, along with the new, improved design for his tablet.

If you're wondering where I am, just head into the studio. I'll be sitting at the "drawing board", and then my machine. (I just wanted you to know I'm just like everyone else. Some days, it just doesn't go by the book.) wink

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. This fabric certainly looks “Handsome”. Trial and error is always Murphys way of teaching us. Happy Sewing Dear...<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna