March 15, 2015

My Mind Is On Other Things Today...

Image by Mary Sparrow Smith -Hanging The Moon Fine Art  (not Tag)
I'm on my way out the door early this morning. Remember, Tag has a vet appointment to have his cracked tooth removed. Prayers, good thoughts and best wishes would be appreciated.

I trust Dr. Stephanie implicitely, but you know how I worry about procedures since Fezzik. I'll be staying up in Sarasota until I can bring him home with me.
Every part of The Bia Bag is prepped and ready for assembly. I cut all the pieces on Saturday and then fused and sewed all the components during the day yesterday. The lining pieces are all in one row, and all the exterior pieces in another.

It's not as large as I thought it would be. It really is a handbag, rather than a tote, but it's still going to be a nice size when it's finished. (It will measure approximately 10" tall x 8" wide.) The wallets I've been making will fit inside this bag, too. That was part of the plan.

I would have completed it last night, but I spent the evening attending a fabulous jazz concert instead. (Handsome on the drum kit, of course!) I'll get the handbag done when I get back home with my boy. He'll be back to tell you all about it tomorrow.
DonnaAcornSignature
If you like the Corgi image and would like to see more of Mary's art, CLICK HERE.

3 comments:

  1. Prayers and Healing Energy and Soft Tender Smooches for Tag today (and of course you dear). I hope the time goes quickly and you both are home sewing and resting in recovery mode. Loving Care...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope you go well with the removal of one of your teeth Tag and you are in my thoughts and prayers! You are a lucky boy and your Mum is a lucky girl as you have each other to look after and I know Mum will give you all the tender loving care you will need! Look forward to hearing of your progress Tag so take things easy and quietly for a day or two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary's painting is beautiful, Donna...and so is your sewing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna