March 27, 2015

Homekeeping...

Posted by a friend on FaceBook
I had every plan to spend the entire day in the studio yesterday. I remember reading this on FaceBook some time ago and I decided to share it with you today because sometimes, playing in the studio should has to take backseat to other things.

I realized that, just last week (the day I made the "I Love Quilting" wallet), I spent the entire day, joyfully sewing away - and never put on my clean dress and lipstick! GASP! What was I thinking?
Web Image
I imagine that it would be wonderful to have a separate, restful area like this to spend those hours catching up on ironing. Yes. I do actually iron Handsome's cotton shirts and a few other garments. I also use homemade cotton napkins every day, and sometimes they need a touch-up, too.
Found on Pinterest
Then I saw this and got all swoony. Imagine how fabulous it would be to have the space in my studio for an ironing center. A place for everything, and everything in its place. I've saved this image because I shall make one of these one day! (One of the comments I saw was that it was assembled using storage cubes (some with drawers, others with dividers like those shown) purchased at Michaels. I filed that information away, too.
Web Image
Well, as it was, I had my board and iron set up in our bedroom so that I could listen to the television as I got those things pressed and put away. I finished half of it before I had to quit to finish dinner prep. I'll do the rest before the weekend is over and start the new week with a slate clean enough to get me back into the studio.

What are you planning for the weekend? Will you be working, playing or creating? I'd love to know!
DonnaAcornSignature

3 friends clicked here to leave a note for me:

mray said...

Thank you for mentioning you IRON. I too, do iron, press, sew, quilt and although readily admit to always having a basket half full waiting.. do enjoy this task. I also enjoy only using pressed handmade napkins! We could be related! Thank you for
making my day. Blessings to you.

TerriSue said...

I don't own a pair of slacks or jeans. So yes, I put on a clean dress or skirt everyday. I also put on makeup everyday. And like the old saying Tuesdays are my ironing day when I spend the day..
Ironing. It's just the way I am. So, Gasp, maybe I'm a throwback to 1949 but I feel good about the way I do things.

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

I was just looking at the old article the other day. I won't go into the studio until bed is made and kitchen is clean. No dress or lipstick, but no pjs either. I love that ironing station. I do iron sheets and kitchen towels (the bar towel kind), and I plan on napkins when we move into our new home.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails