March 17, 2015

Making Friends...

I met a new friend yesterday. She and I have someone in common...Denise in Vermont.
 
I've known Denise for nearly 13 years. We met online when we both were involved with Mary Kay cosmetics. I was a sales director before moving to Florida, and Denise was a consultant in Vermont. After I moved here, I decided to return my product and "retire" with Handsome. I needed product and found her thanks to the internet.
 
We converse regularly, surprise each other with packages in the mail and delight in seeing photographs of our families and lives in two different states, yet we've never met in person. That's something I hope to remedy sooner, rather than later. However, Denise's friend, Marybeth has family about thirty minutes away from where I live and called me about getting together while she's visiting them in Florida.
 
So we made arrangements to meet for breakfast yesterday in Englewood. Meeting a friend of Denise's was a way to connect with my friend who is still up in the Vermont cold, but I know that Marybeth will carry one of my hugs all the way back north to give to Denise.

The two of us, and Marybeth's friend, Ruth, sat and gabbed for more than two hours as our waitress patiently refilled coffee cups for us. We talked about common interests, travel adventures...and of course, how loving and generous Denise is. It almost made me want to hop in Marybeth's suitcase to travel back to Vermont...almost!

I hope we'll be able to get together at least one more time before she has to leave next week. I had to cut this visit short as Handsome and I had plans across the state for the evening and had to get on the road. I'll tell you a little more about that tomorrow.

Denise, if you read my post today, I want you to know that Marybeth and I have one huge thing in common...our love for you! Thanks for sending your friend my way this week. Perhaps one day soon, I'll be able to hug you in person, too. That would be really wonderful.
DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. How wonderful! And, a great way to start off a new friendship...having a friend in common.

    And, ohmygosh...another commonality between you and I...I sold Jafra, another direct sales cosmetic company! They just keep piling up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post, Donna. A new friend from an old friend is always a good friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning, what can I say, but you just made my day! I definitely was there with you, MB and Ruth in spirit. I am so glad you enjoyed each others company! I'm feeling your sunshine and love. And, Beee.... I love your sentiments. So true. Wonderful day all. Love from Vermont xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful way to spend the time with a new friend via a long-term friend and add another friend. All smiles and warm hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure love Vermont! Friendliest people ever and Ben & Jerry's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely photo of you and your friend Donna and a beautiful story! Hope Tag is on the mend too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna