March 1, 2015

Hard At Work...

If you know me (or have come to know me through my posts), you know that "just sitting around" is no description for me. My first preference is to be creating something in the studio - if I'm not out and about with Handsome and Tag. "Just sitting around" makes me nuts - even if I'm sick or recuperating.

Over the weekend, I found myself thinking about our next guild quilt show (February 2016), and contemplating what my contributions for judging might be. I've decided what I'm going to create between now and the entry deadline, so I got out a pencil, paper, ruler and a little notebook for my thoughts. I started drawing between fits of coughing.

I'm not ready to tell you what these items are going to be, but I will say that I've decided that there will be at least four entries...and they will not be typical quilts. I have something much more unique in mind, and I plan to reveal peeks over the next eight or nine months. I'm very excited now that I've made my decisions.
"Feeling better?", you ask? A bit. Nights are the worst. It seems that I'm not meant to actually assume a sleeping position. Rather, I'm forced to sleep, propped up in a sitting position...and still, the coughing keeps me awake until after 3 am, when I usually nod off from sheer exhaustion. Thankfully, I have no fever. (Thanks for asking.)

This upcoming weekend is our guild retreat. I'm signed up and have had plans for months to room with my pal, Susan Slaton (who is returning from her new home in Georgia just for the event). At this point, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to attend. I'll make my final decision by Wednesday, but if I feel as I do today, both of us will be disappointed.
One more thing...Thanks always to all who leave notes for me. I so appreciate reading them. I know there are a couple of you who I'd love to reply to. I love your sweet notes, girlfriends, but can't write back because you've got that "no reply-comment" designation, lacking a return email address. If you'd like an occasional reply from me, all you have to do is change that in your profile so that you have an actual email address, and I'll do my best to write back. For now, know that I read every note and each one brings a smile to my face.

I'm off to do nothing. I've got a pile of books to tackle, more designing to do, and lots of ideas to contemplate, but for now, there's still no studio work in my immediate future. I think about healing,  and I can hear my late uncle's voice from a musical exercise with him years and years ago...
"Come on Dee. You can do it!"
Believe me. In this regard, I'm hard at work!
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. Here's hoping you get to move forward with your plans for the weekend. I'm really looking forward to the eventual reveal of the designs you're working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're well enough for the retreat! I had to miss our sewing day last month due to a stomach virus. I look forward to that each month - the sewing day, not the stomach thing. I do my best planning and designing late at night when I can't sleep. But once my mind starts going, sleep becomes even more elusive. GET BETTER NOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to hear you are feeling a bit better!! Have you tried honey, lemon, ginger tea? It help me when I have a cough or sore throat and it is so soothing. Hmmm, sounds good, think I'll go make a cup!! :-)) Happy to see Tag is taking such good care of you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna