January 27, 2015

Tuesdays With Tag - Storm Watchin'...

 Hi, Everybody!

I've heard from Mom (and saw for myself on the news last night) that there's a HUGE snowstorm headin' for the northeastern part of the country. My GFF, Quinn and her mom, Carol are in its path, and I'm concerned for all the people who are gettin' snowed on right about now.
It was even cool around here last night, so Mom said I might want to think about puttin' on my knit cap to keep my ears warm. I really don't think it's my best look.

We don't have a fireplace, so we lit candles and made believe. Funny how an open flame can make you feel warm, as long as you don't get your hair too close to the fire! "Put the dog out" would have a whole new meanin', if you get my drift!
Mom decided we should have Ree Drummond's (The Pioneer Woman) Chicken Spaghetti for dinner. She said we needed comfort food (all food is comfort food to a Corgi!), and this recipe is a family favorite. I told her I'd supervise. This is where I like to sit. Dad likes me to sit on the edge of the rug behind me. (I go there just as soon as he walks in the kitchen.)
So, after dinner, Dad and I decided to cuddle up for a bit. Wha? Can't a guy get comfy? It's cold down here on the antique, Persian, wool rug! I've managed to convince Dad that I'm much happier when he's down here, too.
 It'll just be our secret, okay?
It was a pretty stressful night for me...all the worryin' about Quinn and my friends up north. Then, there was all that supervisin'... If you'll 'scuse me, I'm gonna settle in and wait for news from up north. I hope it doesn't get any cooler around here, either. I don't want to have to wear that cap again!

I'll be back in seven. 'til then...

"Keep Your Nose To The Wind 
and The Sunshine On Your Tail."
 

6 comments:

  1. oh Tag. What a wonderful dog for worrying about your friends. By the way, I make Tag sit at the edge of the carpet by the kitchen, too. Just sayin'. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tag you are very caring and thoughtful. I will say prayers for safe-keeping all those in the storm's path. We are drought dry here in Northern California. Even the ski resorts had to close for lack of snow. I always like comfort food...sweet are my best choices. Lose the hat...it is not your best look. Stay safe for Quinn too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your Corgi is sooo cute and adorable! Such a cute and fun post! We have a tri colored Corgi, and my mom and dad have a red and white...we just love them to pieces! :) Stay warm and cozy!! Happy sweet week! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tag! It was CRAZY! We got soooooooo much snow, it's over my head! I had to snow swim! My sister shoveled out a nice spot for me. We can't even get out our front door! And the snow blower broke! But we had a good snow day because everybody stayed home. And mom made chicken fingers! We never have those, but they did a LOT of shoveling. Thanks for thinking about us. Your GFF always, Quinn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Tag you are a fashionista for sure. Funny I like the Pioneer Woman too. AND I was busy making homemade chicken noodle soup and today I made loads of chicken stock. You are so caring and Max and Cooper were watching the snowstorm on tv. They even howled at it.Hugs to your mom from me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Tag, I love you in that cap!! So much so I am going to pin that picture to my "All you need is love" Board!! Keep warm!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna