January 25, 2015

Getting Organized Again...

Saturday was the perfect day to make a new organizer - just for me.
The last one I made that looked like this one went home with my friend, Carol from Serendipity blog. I took it to a lunch date with Carol over a year ago, and she insisted on buying it from me, right then and there. She wrote a check on the spot and I ended up emptying it and carting my tools home in my handbag.
I pulled out the same fabrics I used in the original, and another set of Michelle Palmer artwork (from my "Palmer art-filled tin"), and by the end of Saturday, I put the last stitch in the binding. Done!
It's the same, right down to the acorn charms on the zipper pulls.
The organizer only stayed empty for the few minutes it took for me to take photos, and then I put everything away that's been sitting in a basket since that lunch date.
Oh, yeah! Doing my happy dance.
Everything is right with the universe again. (giggling)
I have three commission orders to finish in the next week...one tablet cover; seven matching mug mats; and a wallet...and I also have two classes to teach in the evening. This is "busy" just the way I like it! I can see a great week ahead. How about you?
DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. Right with the universe again is a good thing. Love the organizer. Sounds like you will have a good week. I hope to be somewhat productive...we shall see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Sewing Organizer in your elegant Acorn style. I really want/must get to creating mine from your pattern I bought. It is on the top of the project pile. Wonderful Week of Right With The Universe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your rotary cutter and ruler! So cute! Gearing up for the big weather coming our way. First flurries starting to fall. My plan? Do I have enough handwork if we lose power and is my headlamp charged up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to make something for YOU! It really is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just managed to catch up on a whole month's worth of your blog posts. Where has the time gone already? I have enjoyed every one of them.

    Belated Merry Christmas, Happy Anniversary, Happy New Year, Happy Birthday Handsome.

    I love all the projects you have featured, the fabulous quilts from the show, not to mention Tuesdays with Tag and all the assorted posts in between. Keep up the great work, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, you amaze me with your sewing skills - you are so clever! - Claudia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna