January 15, 2015

Stunning Scraps and The Builders...

"Stunning Scraps" was created by Margy Merle of Stuart, Florida. This piece measures 69" x 69". I love how vibrant and colorful this quilt was.
Margy's notes read as follows:
"Stunning Scraps" came to life from my own stash. I dove into my batik scraps to piece the center and to gather the applique' segments. After purchasing several fabrics for the background, I discovered the perfect navy fabric in my own closet. "Stunning Scraps" was inspired by the quilt "Flea Market Treasure" by Edyta Sitar. The machine applique' was stithced with Kimono silks. Superior Monopoly was used to quilt the star and Exquisite Navy threads for the remainer of the background on Quilter's Dream batting. I gave myself a challenge and love the results.
She used machine applique', machine piecing and machine quilting to complete her aptly-named quilt.
I also wanted to share "The Builders" today. This wall hanging was created by Sandra Marietta. It was part of a guild challenge. The theme was "Architecture".
 
The measurements weren't given, but I would estimate that it was roughly 36" x 48". All of the wonderful, soft colors were pained by the artist. I love the serenity of this image.

Sandra's note: "I've tried to capture my grandsons' first visit to the beach. They love to dig and build, and are destined to be architects and engineers."

There are a few more quilts I'll share tomorrow to close out my personal favorites from the World Quilt Show last weekend. There were many that caught my eye, but I'll only be sharing a few more. See you tomorrow!
DonnaAcornSignature

5 comments:

  1. Love both of these...and for entirely different reasons. Again, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that scrap quilt. I find Edyta so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I wish I had the fortitude to take on a project like that! Maybe, some day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing these quilts in person must be sew amazing. I admire the talents of both artists. The little boys at the beach is truly precious! Creative Quilting Bliss...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna