January 12, 2015

Tuesdays With Tag - Saturday Play Date...

Hi, Everybody!

I bet you thought I was just hangin' around the house alone while Mom was at that quilt show thing on Saturday. Well, you'd be way off on that one! I was a busy guy, impressin' one of Mom's friends!
Mom and Miss Ellen at Paneras for their knit night.
Mom called her friend, Ellen to see if I could hang out with her all day. Miss Ellen said, "Sure!" (I mean, who could blame her?), so Mom took me over there real early on Saturday before she went to Port Charlotte to get on the big bus.

I packed everythin' I was gonna need on Friday night. I took my crate (even though I never even used it!); my dinner (What? A guy's gotta eat!); a long leash (so Miss Ellen wouldn't have to walk all around the yard with me); and a few treats (in case I got peckish between meals).

I spent all day showin' her just what a good boy I could be. I followed her around the house, slept on her feet when she was readin' and even BARKED when Mom rang the doorbell to pick me up that night! Mom laughed at me.

Miss Ellen told Mom that I was just the best boy and that she would watch me any time at all. I think that's great, 'cuz I really like her.
Miss Ellen and I had a fun time together, but I was glad to get back home. Mom put me up on the bed and we fell asleep pretty fast that night. We both had a really big day and were tired.

Dad is busy with Windjammer's (their winter convention is in Sarasota) this week, so Mom and I are gonna do somethin' special together. I'll tell you about it next week. 'til then...

"Keep Your Nose To The Wind 
and The Sunshine On Your Tail."

4 comments:

  1. Ahh what a good boy and sweet story. You have a kind friend to care for your fur baby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tag! I was so worried! I thought you had a REAL date! I'm glad you had fun at Miss Ellen's. XXOO and love from Quinn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tag, I am so glad that you had such a great day while momma was at the quilt show. The quilt in yesterdays post was beautiful and definitely deserves the honor. You take care of Momma. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tag what fun that you got to have a Play Day Away with Miss Ellen while mom was on her play day field trip. Being a good boy really does pay off. *wink*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna