January 8, 2015

Almost Finished Two...

Yesterday yielded a start and a finish...I'm calling this one "Evening Garden". It will coordinate with the handbag I made at guild retreat and have already listed in my Etsy shop. The credit card slots are completed and installed and I'll add the zipper pocket and divider today to complete it.
This is the handbag that goes with this wallet. (I need to take a better photograph of it. The color should look like the wallet shown above.) Click here to go to the Etsy listing. The pocket trim on the handbag is the lining fabric for the wallet. I'll show you tomorrow.
This was my completed wallet today. I added a wristlet to this one. Pink flamingos make for a cheerful Florida look for my friend. Speaking of "Florida"...
Since first showing you this wallet (even when it was in progress) I've been asked about the fabric. I really wish I had information to share with you, but this piece of fabric was given to me by my friend, Susan, and it's no longer available. Believe me, I've looked. There is no information on the selvage, so I can't even tell you what it was called. I'll continue to look and will let you know if I learn any more about it. I'd love more of it myself. (If anyone has it and wants to share, please contact me with your email address!) Thanks for asking!
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Donna...loving how you are using your fabrics to make these wallets so special! Each one is beautiful!! Utterly awesome, indeed! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely wallets and matching bag. Your work is sew perfect. That "Florida" fabric really looks vintage. Sorry I don't know any information for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna