January 28, 2015

I Remembered My Camera This Week...

My Wednesday students are really getting comfortable with the machines now. We began by reviewing some of the machine and sewing basics, and then progressed to explaining how to measure and cut fabrics for their class project.

I love the intense concentration as they work through all the steps. Hailey was sewing lines on paper in this picture, to get used to her new sewing machine. She did a great job! It was time to move to fabric.
Hailey's mom, Jennifer is also a sewing novice. The first step was to get them over their "machine intimidation". Miss Ellie is like a gentle work horse. Once I turned down her speed control, she just purred along, helping Jennifer gain confidence.
Our class was two hours long last night, and by the end of this session, each of the ladies had a sweet, new pillowcase to take home with them. We used my Pillowcase Tutorial as the pattern. (You can get it HERE. Scroll down through the "Downloads" Widget until you see the "pillowcase" folder. When you click on it, it will download to your computer.)

Don't they looked pleased with their finished projects? They should be. They did a great job! (I warned them that they'll have a strong urge to make more of them now.)

All three of us are looking forward to next week. In the meantime, I'll have fun planning their next project.
DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. Hailey and Jennifer really did a great job on those pillowcases. Their smiles tell how happy they are with their projects, lessons and teacher. Creative Sewing Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! I made a pillowcase and made a half dozen before I stopped. I then bought fabric to make more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love me a Hai(y)ley! What a fun time. I never thought of sewing on paper lines!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I think what lucky girls to have their tuition in making such lovely projects with you Donna!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna