January 4, 2015

Cutting and Cookies...

The most involved part of many projects is the preparation and set up. Such is the case with the wallets I've been making, so preparing many at one time makes the actual sewing go much faster. I did five sets yesterday.

The one at the bottom of the photograph is being made to match the handbag that I already have listed in my Etsy shop. The others will be listed there, too (unless I'm fortunate enough to sell them to someone local when I show them around). I'll be sewing them together today, so I'll show you photographs of the finished wallets on Wednesday.
This is the view I get (frequently) when I'm in the studio. Someone was feeling a little neglected and came in to remind me that it was time to feed him. Dogs have the most amazing internal clocks. I looked at my watch and it was exactly 5 pm...dinner time! We went into the kitchen, he grabbed his dish and followed led me to his food bin. Within minutes, he was happily eating his meal.
After Handsome and I finished our dinner, I made a double batch of chocolate chip cookies without nuts. (I prefer them with the nuts, but these aren't for me.) They're for Handsome to take to band rehearsal today. His Birthday is tomorrow (Tag will tell you more about it on his watch) and Handsome wanted to take a treat. (I was happy to oblige.)

I do have a little research to do, though. I've been making chocolate chip cookies - the same recipe - since I was ten years old. (Yup. For fifty years!) Since we moved to Florida, the cookies come out flat, which drives me crazy. I've made them with real butter, butter-flavored Crisco, checked the expiration date on the baking soda, used more flour, higher heat...NOTHING makes a difference. 
"Flat as a flizzard". 
 
I told Handsome I feel like I should send along a note of apology for the way they look. Mind you, they're still the same delicious flavor. They just look bad. Time for this ol' dog to learn a new trick! I'll let you know what I find out. For now, I'm going back to the studio. I know my wallets will turn out much better.
DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. Shorts and Sandals??? Oh Brrrrrrrrr...
    Cookies are always delicious no matter how they look. Besides why bake when the dough is so yummy and creamy! Tag is a good reminder to get up and stretch. Lovely wallets my friend.
    Happy Birthday to Handsome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flip flops. You have on flip flops. So. Jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna,
    Anne who writes 'On Sutton Place' blog tested different baking techniques on the old fashioned chocolate chip cookie. You'll find it on her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see your wallets completed!! Pollie is the very same!! She knows EXACTLY when it is 8 a.m. and 5 p.m on the dots!! And speaking of dots, your cookies look great!! :-)) Could it be that your cookies look funny when they are baked because you live so close to the Bermuda Triangle?? Just a thought!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna