February 10, 2014

Tuesdays With Tag - I've Been Better, Thanks...

Hi, everybody!
You may notice that my eyes are just a little squinty this week.
Well, let me tell ya...there's a darn good reason for it. 
I'm more than a little peeved.
Sunday mornin', I headed out to the garage for my usual inspection tour
and saw all this stuff sittin' out there. I knew right away that things were
out of place. (It might have taken a lesser beast more time to figure out, but
we Corgis have lightnin' fast deductive powers!) Someone was goin' away.
When Mom and Dad went outside, I ran right along to investigate.
I can tell you, I wasn't gettin' a good feelin' about this at all!
Dad was loadin' suitcases, bags and lamps into the part of MY truck
where I usually ride. I was wonderin' where they expected ME to ride?
Then, while I stood right here, they shut the back door on the truck. It
was a sickenin' thud, I tell ya. My jaw dropped! Here I was, still standin' in
 the driveway! Dad kissed Mom goodbye and then looked at me as Mom got
in the Explorer and said, "Here, Tag. Come on boy." (He's kiddin', right?)
I sat down in the garage while Mom waived and drove away.
 Dad said we were gonna spend a couple of days bondin'.
Do I look like I need "bondin'"? I'm a travelin' boy. I'm supposed
 to be in that truck with Mom. I don't even care where she's goin'.
 Remember? DOGS LOVE RIDES!
Just wait 'til she gets back home. She's got some 'splainin' to do!

I'll see you next week. 'til then,
"Wag Like Ya Mean It!"

9 comments:

  1. oh, poor Tag...my heart bleeds for you! Having to stay home is difficult...I know, cuz my Tag feels exactly the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun, Mom!! Oh, little Tag - your Mom will probably bring you a big quilty surprize when she gets home!! Have fun with your Dad!! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...what a sweet post! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Tag I am so sorry you didn't get to go this time. Please don't pout at your mom when she returns, knowing my puppy, that is exactly what he does when I return, he makes me pay dearly to get his love again. So, take it easy on mom she will be back soon, take care, Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh poor baby! This is so true though. I remember when Whiner would just fall apart if I even went out in the backyard without him! They do become our babies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Tag. I'm sure your mom is missing you, too! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a safe and fun trip! You were mentioned, actually the focus, of my blog post yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tag Dear now that you are over the shock of Mom leaving without you I bet you are having way too much fun with Dad. You are probably doing all the things that Mom would say No to and having tons of fun while she is away. She'll be home very soon and you will be smiling once again my friend. Smooches and Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait. She just got in the car and drove away? The nerve of her. She had better come home soon, and with a new treat or toy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna