February 9, 2014

Quilting At The Kenilworth...

When I arrived around 1 pm yesterday, there were already gals working 
on projects. I immediately set my up machine (in the foreground of this 
picture) and got busy. I brought Miss Prissy along with me for this adventure.

My roommate, Linda is in the lime green shirt across from me. Betty 
(a DPQG guild member) is next to Linda, and then Betty's friend, Dallas
 sits next to me on my right. She lives in Englewood, and she's a new friend
to me. She and Betty P. have been friends for over 20 years.
 We're all set up in the ballroom at the historic Kenilworth Inn in Sebring, FL.
There is plenty of room for the forty women who have attended this retreat.
 Heck. We even have room to dance if we really want to!
 Susan Slaton (our hostess this week), shared a great technique for creating
  this fabulous, colorful quilt. Everyone gathered around with notebooks or
cameras so we could memorialize the tutorial. Many of us will try it as soon
as we get back home. Some will get fabric and try it today or tomorrow!
 It's really simple the way Susan demonstrated it. We'll see how easy
it is when we each try it ourselves. Susan always has great ideas to share.
 This is my version of the other quilt Susan shared this week. I have each of
my blocks laid out and I'm in the process of sewing them together. Don't 
worry, this isn't the final layout. I just set them up this way so that I could 
double-check that the block components were all facing the right way. 

There's a mistake on one of the blocks (which I caught). Can you see it? 
I might bring back a little something for the first person to post the right 
answer in the comment section below. (If you're a "no reply" commenter,
please leave an email address in your note so I know how to reach you!)

I'm going to finish this quilt top today and then I'll show you what else 
I'll be working on while I'm away. It's so much fun meeting new people
and enjoying our shared love of quilting. It's already a great retreat.
DonnaAcornSignature

8 comments:

  1. OH! The end strip on each side in the second block up from the bottom on the right side!!! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it is in the second row from the bottom, right side, the two end strips, but what a wonderful job you have done. Have lots of fun and can't wait to hear about your trip Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!
    Jacque was the first right answer. I'll be bringing a little gift home from retreat to send to her. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (I'll bring something for Gloria home, too because they were both so speedy!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quilt retreat looks like a wonderful place to be and spend time with like-minded souls. I can almost feel the inspiration and sharing that is going on! Yes, I see it too but had to look closely. Sew On Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to us! It was difficult to find that mistake, I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have enjoyed catching up on all your posts and creations for the past month or so. Our computer has been playing up and I've not been able to post or do a lot of other things. Now it's back to normal. Your projects are lovely and inspiring as always. Hope you enjoy the retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you all look like you are having way too much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna