February 21, 2014

Best In Show...

Look at those sweet, bossy faces!
 It's called "Time and Seasons" and it was created by Jane Becker.
All the elements were hand appliqued' and then surface stitched
using ribbon embroidery and other fibers (floss, etc.)
"Time and Seasons" by Jan Becker
 I think I'll keep my commentary to a minimum.
I know you'll be as speechless as I was.
 A sweet-faced dog in the front yard and icicles on the edge of the roof!
 There are tiny, lazy daisy stitches combined to form them.
 Every block has this much detail!
 A round, stone barn with swans swimming in the pond.
 Oh, dear. I love these grazing holsteins! (The grass is always greener...)
 Jane stitched her flying Canada geese formation 
completely in silk ribbon and floss. Detail upon detail.
 Flowers in the farmyard and a little kitten in the foreground
create yet another beautiful block. I'm sure I'll see more things
each time I look at my photographs. My own version of "I Spy"!

Day Two of the Quilt Show today.
 We'll be drawing the winning ticket for the 
"American Treasures" quilt
this afternoon. I admit, I'm going to miss having it around. 
If you purchased a ticket or more, I would like to thank you
 personally, and wish you Good Luck!
DonnaAcornSignature

10 comments:

  1. To my mind, the beautiful quilts made in the US are some of the highest forms of both art and craft that the world has seen. Thank you for sharing this with those of us who live on the wrong continent to see these in person.
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Donna! There is not much to add to the above comments. That quilt is mind blowing, absolutely gorgeous. Good luck in the raffle and I sure hope I get to bring that American Treasures quilt home with me Lol....

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh. my. gosh. That quilt is absolutely out of this world! I can only imagine the amount of time and patience it took to complete it. WOW. Good luck, everyone, with the raffle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would never want to be a judge and have to make any decisions. Jane's "Time and Seasons" quilt is amazing and definitely a labor of love with sew many fine details and stitching elements. Her use of plaids really makes it down home cozy with the idyllic scenes. I love it! "American Treasures" is sew beautiful and you standing with it is priceless! Satisfaction Saturday Donna Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow is right....stunning!
    You and the quilts.....

    Great to see your smiling face!
    :)

    Good luck everyone. Will be exciting to know where American Treasures will be residing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, what an absolutely beautiful quilt. The detail is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness!! What an incredible quilt. That must have taken that woman years to do that quilt!! Thanks for sharing these pictures of it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's never ceases to amaze me how talented quilters are!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good gracious that is stunning! What a wonderful quilt. Of course, you look stunning in that last photo Deece. That quilt is every bit as gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna